While many major betting brands now offer localized products in Nigeria, punters still sometimes prefer foreign sites due to factors like variety of less common markets, early opening of betting lines, being first with new features, or accessing bonuses abroad they are ineligible for at home. This guide explores popular reputable foreign sportsbooks open to Nigerians.
Bet365 is a UK-licensed bookmaker that accepts Nigerian players. Pros:
- Highly trusted global brand in operation since 2000. Publicly listed on the LSE.
- Competitive odds with early opening lines across football, basketball, tennis, American sports.
- Live streaming service with events like Premier League, NBA, Grand Slams.
- Wide range of accepted payment options – credit cards, bank transfer, PayPal.
- Lucrative exclusive sign-up offer – Bet Credits up to ₦100,000.
- Excellent mobile experience through web browser or native app.
With thousands of markets, live streaming, lucrative promos and robust mobile experience, Bet365 provides a top-tier international option. Just be aware currency conversion fees and slower cashier times.
Betway is licensed in Malta, Kenya and Nigeria, accepting customers from the latter. Highlights are:
- Hundreds of football leagues covered spanning continents. Good depth across tennis, basketball too.
- Competitive odds, especially on football accumulators and specials.
- Live chat support directly accessible through mobile app and website.
- Welcome offer: 100% deposit match up to ₦100,000.
- Wide live betting catalog. Cash out available.
- NG-facing site at Betway.ng while global site also accepts Nigerians.
Betway boasts a smooth betting platform, generous opening bonus and breadth of football markets ideal for Nigerian punters seeking offshore options.
22Bet holds multiple gambling licenses but primarily operates from Cyprus. Benefits include:
- 100% deposit bonus up to ₦100,000 welcome offer plus Friday reload bonus up to ₦40,000.
- Competitive football odds for major European leagues and tournaments. Wide eSports selection.
- Good live betting experience with stats and animations. Cash out available.
- Accepts all major NG payment options – card, bank transfer, Paystack, Bitcoins.
- Professional English-speaking customer support accessible 24/7.
With big bonuses tailored to NG market and solid European sports/eSports betting offering, 22Bet ticks the boxes for an offshore option.
Parimatch, licensed in Cyprus, offers African facing site. Perks are:
- Competitive odds on popular leagues like EPL and UCL. Good depth on tennis, boxing, and MMA.
- Generous welcome bonus of 120% matched deposit up to ₦12,000. Plus 30% reload bonus up to ₦4,000.
- Wide range of sports betting markets on offer with specials and prop bets.
- Functional website and mobile betting. Accepts Naira currency.
- Localized NG payment options – card, bank transfer, USSD, Paystack.
Parimatch appeals through combing lucrative opening offer and odds competitive with top European bookies.
Pinnacle is licensed in Curacao but one of the most well-known offshore books. Known for:
- Consistently providing best odds and highest betting limits of any bookmaker.
- Huge selection of betting markets across 22 sports – EPL to eSports.
- Low margin business model – only average 2-3% margin versus 10% industry standard.
- Sophisticated website with customizable live betting dashboard and betting tools.
- Does not restrict or limit sharp bettors. Ideal for high rollers.
Pinnacle’s niche as the sharps’ sportsbook makes it a quality offshore option albeit with a spartan user experience and lack of bonuses.
Each offers unique advantages from odds competitiveness, betting features, opening offers, or localization to the NG market. However, always ensure to bet at licensed sites and gamble responsibly.